Sunday, October 17, 2010

Made It Monday - Etched Glasses

Happy Monday! 
I'm so excited!  Our first Made it Monday! WOO HOO! :)

All the men in my life are getting these mugs for Christmas.  Aren't they great?  I have never etched anything before.  It was so easy.  And cheap.  And quick. 

So quick that I did all of these glasses tonight.  In about an hour and a half! 

Yup.  20 glasses.  Hour and a half.  For $25.  And for all you math majors out there --- that is a set of 4 personalized cups for each person for $5!!!! Can't beat that with a stick!

I actually got the glasses at the Dollar Tree.  I know.  I was shocked too.  Because these are nice, very heavy glass mugs.  For $1 a piece!  So I bought 20 (the cart was filled, they looked at me like I was crazy.  I tried to explain Christmas gifts and they looked at me like I was even more crazy.  Apparently only crafters start making gifts ahead.)  I need to go back because I need 30 more!! Maybe I'll hit up a different Dollar Tree. :)


Put a business name (These are for my dad.  He owns his own art gallery in Louisville.  If your in the area you should check it out!  Tim Faulkner Gallery!  Gotta add my little plug in there!) :)


Do first and last name. 


Or simply the first. 

Come back tomorrow to see exactly how to etch glass.  I promise -- soooo easy! 

I will have to take pictures closer to Christmas.  I plan on making 4 'manly' snacks and packaging one in each mug.  I think it will look pretty darn cute manly. :)

I've got some great projects I think this is going to lead into!  Talk to you tomorrow!







 

4 comments:

  1. I found you on Craft-0-maniac. I am super excited to see how you do the etching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to etch dollar store glasses! Come link up to my party memakingdo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! can't wait to see the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very awesome. I agree with Shannon. Can't wait to hear how the etching was done!

    -dani

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Talk to me -- I'll talk back! In a nice way!