Thursday, February 3, 2011

XOXO

So my fantastic blog designer is working on my new blog design as we speak because.  Well.  This one is embarrassing. But not for much longer!  And I can't wait for you to see!!!

But first.

Ok. 
Ignore...
Ignore the bad lighting. 
Ignore the fact that the bottom picture isn't framed yet. 

Don't ignore...
Josh's fabulous art work
My XOXOXO sign!

It started out with this...
Ugly huh.  Remember this?  I had big plans for this.  So many infact.  I wasn't sure what to do.  Do I write Welcome and hang it above the door?  Hang it vertically and make a weekly menu board?  A growth chart?  A blessing board?  Then I was going to put some Mario art work in it and hang it in Josh's room.  Then...the glass broke.

I'm so glad I chose not to throw away the frame!  Once I slid the burlap in it was nice and snug.  I just painted on some x's and o's and it was done.  Best part?  After Valentine's Day I'm going to take the burlap out.  Replace it with some new 'lap.  And paint something Irish-y on it.  And then something for Easter.  And a flag.  Something for Halloween.  And Turkey Day.  And Christmas.  And New Years!  WOO HOO! :) And for the "off season" I'll probably just write SMITHS on it.  Nice and simple.  Fold up the burlap and store it away.  I love it. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love Burlap:) The count your blessing is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Talk to me -- I'll talk back! In a nice way!